Do you or would you like to exhibit at events?
Like fairs, trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, expos etc.
I remember when I first did an event, it felt quite scary! Usually, I worked behind my computer, using social media as a way of meeting people, or word of mouth and some networking here and there, I was going to set my business up as a shopfront with no products (!) – finding a way of making counselling a thing that people would come and talk to me about wasn’t easy – selling counselling always felt a bit ‘wrong’ anyway and as for people coming over to me, ahem!!
I quickly realised I would have to do something different to get people over to chat to me. Here are my tops tips to capture people’s imaginations and get them over.
Of course there are basics such as:
– Having a table cloth that covers your table.
– Having your business cards and information leaflets.
– Having a name tag.
– Having holders for your cards and leaflets
– Catching the eye of people as they walk round and smiling at them.
There are lots of other tactics you could try
– Have a compelling offer that is only available if they book at that event or a short time period after.
– Have a competition with a worthwhile prize.
– Have drinks and/or snacks on the table that people will stop and help themselves to.
– Have an object or sign that catches the eye on your table, I have heard of people using tree branches with cards hanging off them, a wheelbarrow of beer, a big model of an animal, a game etc etc
– Offer something practical to do, I love to use essential oils with people so I invite them to make an anti-stress roller or calming room spray. We are busy making something together, chatting, perhaps having a joke, it relaxes people, hopefully they remember me!
– Understand that all events have a ‘flow’ a way that visitors snake around a room in one direction – you may not be able to change where your stand is but you can try and make the best of it.
– Capture visitors details using your prize draw etc.
– Always follow up quickly after an event – timetable it in your diary!
What could you try? Could you use or adapt any of these ideas?
All the best with your event.
PS Would you like to be part of one of my wellbeing events? Click here to sign up